ss_blog_claim=ba489c6f3c66281a57e925661a92c41f

Movies I've seen in the past month T13 ed #9

>> Thursday, January 10, 2008



lovely graphic from Harlekwin



I have been borrowing DVDs from the library over the last month and here's what I've checked out and viewed so far.
1. Pride and Prejudice - I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this audio book and so I decided that I wanted to see it on screen as well. I was not disappointed. The ensemble of actors were all good. I woould recommend to anyone.

2. The Notebook - I have seen this movie before. And I remember liking it. I listened to the audio book and fell in love with the characters, I needed to see the movie all over again. What a great love story. Very good movie.

3. Match Point - kind of a quirky story. Story of love gone wrong all beacuse of the evil of money.

4. Prime - Funny and adorable. Not quite the ending I'd like it to be but hey, Merryl Streep as always gives a glorious performance.

5. Crash - i love the way stories of lives are connected. It is so true. We touch everyone's life without even knowing it. This movie is very good. I liked it a lot.

6. Shop Girl - Shop Girl was quite good too, a different Steve Martin movie. I'm sure the book is much better. They tend to do more justice to the characters than movies.

7. Spanglish - Spanglish was really good. I did not expect such for an Adam Sandler movie but it was really good. The ending was not as I wanted it to be but it was good just the same.

8. Mrs Henderson Presents - I discovered Mrs Henderson Presents from the previews on one of the DVDs I was watching and I surely had to watch it. The trailer was very interesting. It was a good movie. Judi Dench was a delight as always.

9. Under The Tuscan Sun - spoke about this here.

10. Two For the Money - I could watch this movie forever just looking and goggling over Matthew McConaughey's 6 pack. But yah, acting was very good too with Al Pacino in the cast, its contagious I guess.

11. Annie - Ofcouorse I had to check this DVD out not only for my daughter but for myself as well. Annie is quite a character. Would love to see this on stage someday soon.

12. Heidi - What a touching tale. Shirley Temple was delightful. Very cute.

13. Little Miss Broadway - another Shirley Temple movie. Got my kid hooked on oldies movies now.


Did you participate? Join the T13 community.

7 comments:

Rims January 11, 2008 at 2:59 AM  

Hi...I too have watched Pride and prejuidice and read Heidi (but not watched it)

Thanks for sharing!!
Happy TT!!

-Rims

Darla January 11, 2008 at 6:27 AM  

You've watched about as many movies in the past month as I have! I've seen Pride & Prejudice, Annie, and the Shirley Temple movies, but none of the others--how were they?

Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 8:11 AM  

Awesome, the top three on your list are BY FAR the best of the bunch!

Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

Spanglish wrecked me. :) LOVED that movie!

I just started doing TT, and that's how I found you! ::waves!::

Amber Gilchrist January 11, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

Number one is one of my favorite movies ever. I've read Shop Girl but I've never seen it. How was it?

Anonymous January 12, 2008 at 3:20 AM  

I saw Mrs Henderson Presents not long ago. Loved it!

Leah January 14, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

hanks Rims for the visit. Heidi was a good movie. It was a good family movie to watch, a classic.

Hi Darla,
All the other movies were all good. I like Shirley Temple movies, my daughter loved it too.
Thanks for dropping by.

Hi fullbodytransplant,
Surely good to know, other people have enjoyed watching these movies as well.
thanks for the visit

Hi ~Cat,
Spanglish was really good. I did not expect such for an Adam Sandler movie but it was really good. The ending was not as I wanted it to be but it was good just the same.
Welcome to the T13 family.

Hello AJ Chase,
I listened to Pride and Prejudice audio book which is why I watched the movie, Both were equally good. Awesome for sure. Shop Girl was quite good too, a different Steve Martin movie. I'm sure the book is much better. They tend to do more justice to the characters than movies.

Hello Nicholas,
I discovered Mrs Henderson Presents from the previews on one of the DVDs I was watching and I surely had to watch it. The trailer was very interesting. It was a good movie. Judi Dench was a delight as always.

About This Blog


Enter your Email



Powered by FeedBlitz

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP