ss_blog_claim=ba489c6f3c66281a57e925661a92c41f

Tulip Tree

>> Sunday, June 1, 2008




We planted this tree on my daughter’s 1st birthday.
On spring time, it blooms with these lovely yellow flowers.
The tulip tree is part of the magnoliaceae family and it smells good.

Tree

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

— Joyce Kilmer


Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information

6 comments:

Mary June 1, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

I love tulip trees and how nice that you planted it on your daughter's first birthday. Great photos. I enjoyed seeing the blooms.

Aiyana June 1, 2008 at 5:07 PM  

Lovely tree. I'm unfamiliar with it. It has beautiful flowers. Happy GTS,
Aiyana

Bengbeng June 1, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Lovely tree and the flower is nice. Happy GTS. I like the poem.

Anonymous June 7, 2008 at 5:15 AM  

And i though tulips are only shrubs. :) that's so nice. to have a tree planted for your child's birthday. if you do that every year, she'd have a little forest to celebrate her life with.

Heart of Rachel June 9, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

I don't think I've seen a tulip tree before. It's lovely.

Forever59er June 13, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

So there are tulip trees and there are tulip bushes/shrubs? Magka-iba ano?

Flowers are among God's most precious gifts to us earthlings.

About This Blog


Enter your Email



Powered by FeedBlitz

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP