ss_blog_claim=ba489c6f3c66281a57e925661a92c41f

Babies are not that breakable

>> Thursday, September 13, 2007

pmn.png
I wrote this article a few months ago in PMN (Pinoy Mom's Network) This was the original write-up I submitted to the editor. Check out the "edited" version, it is much better.

I have not had a chance to do another original contribution to PMN. Hopefully, I will find more inspiration soon enough.

If you are interested to join PMN and contribute some pieces, do visit them over here and find out how.


When I was a little girl, babies to me were creatures meant to torture their parents with crying for no apparent reason. As I grew older, I realized these babies had needs, either to be changed out of their soiled diapers or because they needed feeding. And as I entered maturity, I regard them as precious little ones, fragile and always in need of caring for. I remember well, how I would look at a child trying to take her first steps and how I wanted so much to hold on to her so she would not fall. I had this thought in my head that I would not be able to care for a child or even mother one since I am so afraid that they might break.

Reaching my late twenties, I thought of how my biological clock was ticking away. I had friends who were getting married and having babies. I wanted to have that too. So after a year into my married life, i was planning babies much to my husband's chagrin. My goal was to have a baby by 30. Well, not everything comes as planned. I was a year and a half late, I had my baby at the age of 31 1/2 yrs.

I learned that babies may be fragile but they are very adaptive as well. It is amazing how fast they grow. And through their growth there is so much to learn. From those sleepless nights for feeding or when that darn tooth is trying to break out or when a nasty cold is keeping her awake. Those shrieking cries in the car seat while your driving and those endless diapers that needed to be changed. None can compare with the smiles and giggles and laughter they bring. Plus that baby smell I can never get tired of. And just the feel of having someone so small in your arms that simply craves for such tenderness.

Oh what bliss and definitely all worth waiting my 31 1/2 yrs.

I daresay I would not mind doing it all over again. If my clock still allows me to.

0 comments:

About This Blog


Enter your Email



Powered by FeedBlitz

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP