ss_blog_claim=ba489c6f3c66281a57e925661a92c41f

Be Oyster Aware

>> Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Why did the oyster cross the road? Well, anyone...give me an answer to that please. I am searcing for a good oyster joke but somehow I cant find one. So let me make up a good answer to my initial question then. Hmnn, maybe because it was tired of swimming and said, wow, its great to shake off all this salt.

I often hear that oysters are an aphrodisiac. Maybe this is because they have excellent nutrient content, especially vitamin E and zinc. Newer methods of nutritional analysis have shown the oyster to be very low in cholesterol. The "fat" is not fat, but glycogen, and animal starch. Normally glycogen is highest from October to June. Oysters are a source of protein, several vitamins, sodium iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iodine and phosphorus and 16 or more trace elements.

I am not a big fan of oysters but when my sister and I went to a Japanese restaurant a month ago and she ordered this baked oyster as an appetizer. I had a bit of a taste to it and wow, I was smitten. It was delicious. It was nice and warm and had a salty and lemony taste. It just melted in my mouth. I am sure I will order this again next time we go there.

The secret to eating a good and healthy oyster is to make sure that it is cooked well. When it comes to eating raw or undercooked oyster, the key thing to note is be aware, be cautious, be educated. Make sure you are not at risk; i.e. you have no health issues that might affect your body when you eat oysters.

Get all the facts and information at Gulf oysters.


1 comments:

Anonymous March 9, 2008 at 3:44 AM  

hi leah! thanks for your comment, i have linked you up. happy sunday!

About This Blog


Enter your Email



Powered by FeedBlitz

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP