ss_blog_claim=ba489c6f3c66281a57e925661a92c41f

An encounter with the wild

>> Friday, July 6, 2007





Was in a camping trip with the family for a few days.

We were hoping to catch glimpses of wild life during our camping and true enough they came and I had the camera ready.

As we drove by the road, we chanced upon this beautiful creature and then I said loudly "deer". My hubby slowly reversed the car and the deer was oblivious of our presence. It continued on with what its doing, feeding on the yummy grass I guess. And so I was able to take some good photos.

On our way out of the camp, I said " Maybe, we'll see a bear today before we leave". And much to our delight, we sighted a black bear close to the garbage area. We were actually there to throw our garbage. The bear saw us so it ran up the hill. We U-turned and parked the car hoping to see it again. And yes it was still there, I guess it was hoping it will get lucky with the garbage. I was only able to take a few shots. He or she was hiding by the trees, You can see something black by the bushes though.



It was nice. Now we can say we have seen a bear.

Seeing them in the wild is so much different as seeing them in a zoo.

To see more of the photos I took of these animals click here

3 comments:

Scribbit July 13, 2007 at 1:08 AM  

We're getting ready for a week of camping too--I'm really hoping the weather cooperates!

Forever59er July 16, 2007 at 12:35 PM  

I think I saw a shadowy figure ... yes, a bear .. if you say so. hahaha I believe you Leah ... just kidding. Awww I missed na your blogs and your chats. When do we play again? You have all these picturs and not even a shadow of the Mumford family. You also like to maintain a mystique ha. :)

dodong flores 도동 플로오리스 August 1, 2007 at 8:12 AM  

That's one of my favorite - wildlife photography. A little bit expensive if you would have to invest for photography equipment :)

About This Blog


Enter your Email



Powered by FeedBlitz

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP